How to check if IIS is remoting host

Christian Jung

7/4/2004 11:25:00 AM

Hello together,

perhaps a silly question: I have a remote component which can be hosted in
IIS or another server host application. Is there a simple way to determine
if my component runs within IIS or not?

Thanks
Christian

2 Answers

Allen Anderson

put a breakpoint in the project then attach the asp.net process. Call
the object and see if it breaks.

Cheers,
Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website base here.com

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 13:25:17 +0200, "Christian Jung"
<GibtEsNicht@jungteam.de> wrote:

>Hello together,
>
>perhaps a silly question: I have a remote component which can be hosted in
>IIS or another server host application. Is there a simple way to determine
>if my component runs within IIS or not?
>
>Thanks
>Christian

Alex

On Oct 15, 7:04 pm, Jan Philips <youknowwhat.mccra...@comcast.net>
wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:29:56 -0700 (PDT), Alex
>
> <alexbunard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Yes, I did mention that the 2009 stereo remaster is entirely based on
> >George Martin's remix from 1987. What I believe is different between
> >the 1987 digitized version and the 2009 digitized version is not only
> >re-EQing, as you've rightly noted, but also vastly improved analog-to-
> >digital conversion.
>
> The 1987 mixes of Help and Rubber Soul were supposedly done in
> digital.  If they used the tape George Martin made, it should have
> been his 1987 digital conversion.
> --
> Replace you know what by j to email

I don't think that's the case. I think George Martin made the new
remixes back in 1987 using the technology he (being an old fart) was
familiar with at that time -- that is, analog tape. Then, once he was
finished, the final master was converted from analog to digital using
the stone age DAC technology from the mid-80s. And, as we all know,
the end results were atrocious.

Alex