'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException' if remoting used in form constructor.

James Freiwirth

I have a solution with a managed dll, and two managed .net executables, all
C#.

I have interfaces declared in the DLL, and am using them to perform remoting
between the two executables.

Activator.GetObject fails however, if I use it from a form's constructor.
------
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException'
occurred in dll_classes.dll

Additional information: Type not found!
------

If I move the code to the form's load event, everything works fine. I'm
guessing either I'm making a silly mistake, or this is an issue with the
order in which objects are loaded (forms first, then the dll?).

I can workaround the issue by pre-loading the form, but there is presumably
a cleaner solution?

Thanks,
James.

1 Answer

Sunny

can you post an exapmple, sound interesting ...

Sunny

In article <40e61962$0$122$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net>,
james@ciseware.NOSPAMcom says...