COA Server on different sub net

stewart.menday

7/2/2004 4:25:00 AM

If I try to have a client activate an object on a server that is on a
different subnet it dosen't work correctly. The object will create
but any calls made to the object after this time out. SAO are working
fine and CAO are working fine from within our network. Does anyone
have any idea?

Thanks

Stewart
3 Answers

Sunny

how many NICs has the server? And the client?
If more than one, try using bindTo channel property to make the server
to use only the right interface.

Sunny

In article <a509b7ce.0407012025.67a2d310@posting.google.com>,
stewart.menday@ccipope.com.au says...
> If I try to have a client activate an object on a server that is on a
> different subnet it dosen''t work correctly. The object will create
> but any calls made to the object after this time out. SAO are working
> fine and CAO are working fine from within our network. Does anyone
> have any idea?
>
> Thanks
>
> Stewart

stewart.menday

Sunny

Thanks for the reply. I have worked out the problem, it was due to
the server being behind a firewall which was using Port Farwarding. I
needed to set the machineName to the ip address of the firewall for
the TCP channel that I was using.

Stew

Sunny <sunny@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:<#KBjPQEYEHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Hi,
>
> how many NICs has the server? And the client?
> If more than one, try using bindTo channel property to make the server
> to use only the right interface.
>
> Sunny
>
> In article <a509b7ce.0407012025.67a2d310@posting.google.com>,
> stewart.menday@ccipope.com.au says...
> > If I try to have a client activate an object on a server that is on a
> > different subnet it dosen''t work correctly. The object will create
> > but any calls made to the object after this time out. SAO are working
> > fine and CAO are working fine from within our network. Does anyone
> > have any idea?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Stewart

Allen Anderson

machineName will probably fix what you need. However, if you want a
solution that works for everything, check out this article I wrote.

http://www.glacialcomp.../ArticleDetail.aspx?artic...

Cheers,
Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...