Are the Singleton objects ever collected

IGor

6/30/2004 4:06:00 PM

I'm using .Net remoting singleton object in both console application and
windows service application.

Lease time is set to 10 minutes with renew on call time to also 10 minutes,
and that works fine after 10minutes of client inactivity I get new object on
next request.

But the problem is that the previous object is newer collected. According to
my investigation he stays in memory for the life of the application. The
problem is with my windows service in which after few days of running I got
Out of memory exception. I'm pretty sure that the problem is with newer
collected remoting objects.

Does anyone has similar problem?

How can I see the moment when that object is collected?

Thanks,

Igor.

1 Answer

Ken Kolda

Don''t know if this is your issue, but check out:

http://www.genuinechannels.com/Content.aspx?id=88&...

Ken