Wara

6/29/2004 11:38:00 AM

Hello;
I'm working on a project using .Net Remoting and events and facing the following problem.
When the first client access the server ( as web site), the program works fine but with 2nd client, it will stop working without any error meassage.
The client can be in localhost or in a network.
Anybody has an idea.
4 Answers

Allen Anderson

so does it stop working when you activate the server from the second
client? when you call a method from the second client? When it fires
an event after the second client is connected? What type of object
are you creating on your server? SAO Singlecall, SAO Singleton, CAO?

I''ve written many servers in remoting with multiple client connections
and I can''t say that I''ve really had any problems.

Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website base here.com

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:38:01 -0700, "Wara"
<Wara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello;
>I''m working on a project using .Net Remoting and events and facing the following problem.
>When the first client access the server ( as web site), the program works fine but with 2nd client, it will stop working without any error meassage.
>The client can be in localhost or in a network.
>Anybody has an idea.

Allen Anderson

when it hangs, is it actually calling the event in the first client
and returning? For that matter, is the first client unsubscribing
from the event when it leaves?

Cheers,
Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website base here.com

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:53:01 -0700, "Wara"
<Wara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello Allen,
>
> Thank u for the reply.
> The problem is that , when i register the channel in the second client it registers, calling the method is also working,but when i send a request to get the reply ( this will fire an event ) it will stop working.
>the type of object i''m creating is singletone..
>
>Walid,
>
>"Allen Anderson" wrote:
>
>> so does it stop working when you activate the server from the second
>> client? when you call a method from the second client? When it fires
>> an event after the second client is connected? What type of object
>> are you creating on your server? SAO Singlecall, SAO Singleton, CAO?
>>
>> I''ve written many servers in remoting with multiple client connections
>> and I can''t say that I''ve really had any problems.
>>
>> Allen Anderson
>> http://www.glacialcomp...
>> mailto: allen@put my website base here.com
>>
>> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:38:01 -0700, "Wara"
>> <Wara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello;
>> >I''m working on a project using .Net Remoting and events and facing the following problem.
>> >When the first client access the server ( as web site), the program works fine but with 2nd client, it will stop working without any error meassage.
>> >The client can be in localhost or in a network.
>> >Anybody has an idea.

Wara

Hello Allen,
Thanks for the reply, I''ve solved the problem. i hav found that I have a mistake in my programming.

Thanks again.

Walid

"Allen Anderson" wrote:

> when it hangs, is it actually calling the event in the first client
> and returning? For that matter, is the first client unsubscribing
> from the event when it leaves?
>
> Cheers,
> Allen Anderson
> http://www.glacialcomp...
> mailto: allen@put my website base here.com
>
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:53:01 -0700, "Wara"
> <Wara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello Allen,
> >
> > Thank u for the reply.
> > The problem is that , when i register the channel in the second client it registers, calling the method is also working,but when i send a request to get the reply ( this will fire an event ) it will stop working.
> >the type of object i''m creating is singletone..
> >
> >Walid,
> >
> >"Allen Anderson" wrote:
> >
> >> so does it stop working when you activate the server from the second
> >> client? when you call a method from the second client? When it fires
> >> an event after the second client is connected? What type of object
> >> are you creating on your server? SAO Singlecall, SAO Singleton, CAO?
> >>
> >> I''ve written many servers in remoting with multiple client connections
> >> and I can''t say that I''ve really had any problems.
> >>
> >> Allen Anderson
> >> http://www.glacialcomp...
> >> mailto: allen@put my website base here.com

Allen Anderson

heh, that is frequently the case with many programming bugs. The
solution turns out to be just some overlooked variable or other such.
Glad your all working well now.

Cheers,
Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website base here.com

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 03:22:01 -0700, "Wara"