mac

6/29/2004 6:39:00 AM

Hello.
I have a remote object hosted by Windows Service (not IIS). I want it to be
available over the web. How can i secure it by login/password? Or i have to
pass login and password as the parameters every time i call my remote
methods?

2 Answers

Richard Bell

One of the most compelling reasons for using IIS to host your remote objects
is that you get security out of the box. You might find life a lot easier if
you reconfigure your remote objects to be hosted by IIS, or alternatively,
if that is impractical for some reason, code a new object which delegates
calls to your service and remote that from IIS.

"mac" <mactemp@ua.fm> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I have a remote object hosted by Windows Service (not IIS). I want it to
be
> available over the web. How can i secure it by login/password? Or i have
> pass login and password as the parameters every time i call my remote
> methods?

Allen Anderson

Check this article from microsoft out.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecN...

Personally when I need security and I''m using stateful remoting
objects, I use encrypted channels and do my authorization manually at
the start.

Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website base here.com