Robin Prosch via .NET 247

6/26/2004 6:52:00 PM

Hi All,

I have a simple remoting client and server, that use SOAP formatter and HttpChannel. The object provided is using MarshalByRef and is a SAO.

When I access the remote object and read variable value, everything is fine. But when I try to call a method on the object, I get the following:
Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException:
Invalid SOAPAction specified:
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/NET_Server.Rem...
t_Object/Net_Client#setStringParam"

Server stack trace:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(
and some additional stack trace.

I've tried switching the channel to Tcp and it works fine (as I expected, since SOAPAction is only for Http). I need HTTP though.

This is a proof-of-concept application :)

Will most appreciate your help,
Roman

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)

<Id>+T8wGb2pmkGSK6ttpvfY/Q==</Id>
2 Answers

Allen Anderson

is this .net to .net or are you rolling your own soap and sending it
to a server? Further, what is the function signature as I''ve had a
fair number of problems with the SOAP formatter and any kind of
custom classes.

Cheers,
Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website base here.com

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:52:16 -0700, Roman Baron via .NET 247
<anonymous@dotnet247.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>

>I have a simple remoting client and server, that use SOAP formatter and HttpChannel. The object provided is using MarshalByRef and is a SAO.
>
>When I access the remote object and read variable value, everything is fine. But when I try to call a method on the object, I get the following:
> Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException:
> Invalid SOAPAction specified:
> "http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/NET_Server.Rem...
> t_Object/Net_Client#setStringParam"
>
> Server stack trace:
> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(
>and some additional stack trace.
>
>I''ve tried switching the channel to Tcp and it works fine (as I expected, since SOAPAction is only for Http). I need HTTP though.
>
>This is a proof-of-concept application :)
>
>Will most appreciate your help,
>Roman

>Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)
>
><Id>+T8wGb2pmkGSK6ttpvfY/Q==</Id>

Sunny

by default HTTP channel uses SOAP formatter, but you can use binary
formatter as well. Try with it and see if it works.

Sunny

In article <eh#g066WEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
anonymous@dotnet247.com says...