learn_remoting

6/25/2004 1:04:00 PM

Hello,

I am trying to understand the details of .net remoting. There are so
many different kinds of sinks .... which have left me totally confused.

TerminatorSinks, ContextSinks, MessageSinks, SinkProvider, RequestSink,
ResponseSink, FormatterSink, DynamicSink, BuilderSink, LeaseSink,
SinkStack ... ASyncSink ... SyncSink ... sink...sink...sink....

I am so confused and overwhelmed ... is there anyway to easily learn
these things?

sinking,
Remoting Learner.
2 Answers

Sahil Malik

Advanced .NET remoting - by Ingo Rammer (APRESS). Thats a good book.

--
- Sahil Malik
Independent Consultant

"learn_remoting" <test@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to understand the details of .net remoting. There are so
> many different kinds of sinks .... which have left me totally confused.
>
> TerminatorSinks, ContextSinks, MessageSinks, SinkProvider, RequestSink,
> ResponseSink, FormatterSink, DynamicSink, BuilderSink, LeaseSink,
> SinkStack ... ASyncSink ... SyncSink ... sink...sink...sink....
>
> I am so confused and overwhelmed ... is there anyway to easily learn
> these things?
>
> sinking,
> Remoting Learner.

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Remoting Learner,

I think that Chapters 10 ("Remoting") and 11 ("Context and
Interception") from the book "Programming .NET Components" by Juval Lowy are
great works on the subject. You can find the book at Amazon (watch for line
wrap):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0596003471/qid=1088169581/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-2150737-7860720?v=glance&s=books&am...

Hope this helps.

--