what do you think about this...

Anibal Acosta

Sunny

Sounds good for free solution :)

Please, if you try it, post some comments here :)

Sunny

In article <udWqFbiWEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, aa@personal.net.py
says...
> http://www.mailframe.net/Products/PeerC...
>
> Sound interesting no?

Allen Anderson

never heard of it. Would be nice to see more channel vendors though.

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:58:49 -0400, "AA" <aa@personal.net.py> wrote:

>http://www.mailframe.net/Products/PeerC...
>
>Sound interesting no?

Elp

"AA" <aa@personal.net.py> wrote in message
> http://www.mailframe.net/Products/PeerC...
>
> Sound interesting no?

Looks like a competitor for Genuine Channels. I think that i actually saw
this one a while ago. But there are no mention of any price or terms of use.
Is it free? Open source? And the page says that it requires Windows 2000/XP
and .NET 1.1. Does it means that Windows 98 and .NET 1.0 are not supported?
Why not? Any FAQ? Too many unanswered questions. I''ll stick with good ol''
genuine channel for the moment. But if it is free, it may be a very good
thing for free software developpers who don''t want to pay for a
bidirectionnal channel.

Sunny

Free is always good :)

but, they have no http, no way to use them behind proxy, etc. so I do
agree with you, for now I do not see any way to not use gc.

Sunny

In article <OEqwKfkWEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
rockfamily@REMOVEME.hotmail.com says...

> "AA" <aa@personal.net.py> wrote in message
> > http://www.mailframe.net/Products/PeerC...
> >
> > Sound interesting no?
>
> Looks like a competitor for Genuine Channels. I think that i actually saw
> this one a while ago. But there are no mention of any price or terms of use.
> Is it free? Open source? And the page says that it requires Windows 2000/XP
> and .NET 1.1. Does it means that Windows 98 and .NET 1.0 are not supported?
> Why not? Any FAQ? Too many unanswered questions. I''ll stick with good ol''
> genuine channel for the moment. But if it is free, it may be a very good
> thing for free software developpers who don''t want to pay for a
> bidirectionnal channel.

Allen Anderson

did you try this other channel out Sunny? I haven''t had time to look
into it myself and was curious on the ups and downs of it.

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:32:22 -0500, Sunny
<sunnyask@icebergwireless.com> wrote:

>Free is always good :)
>
>but, they have no http, no way to use them behind proxy, etc. so I do
>agree with you, for now I do not see any way to not use gc.
>
>Sunny
>
>In article <OEqwKfkWEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
>rockfamily@REMOVEME.hotmail.com says...
>>
>> "AA" <aa@personal.net.py> wrote in message
>> > http://www.mailframe.net/Products/PeerC...
>> >
>> > Sound interesting no?
>>
>> Looks like a competitor for Genuine Channels. I think that i actually saw
>> this one a while ago. But there are no mention of any price or terms of use.
>> Is it free? Open source? And the page says that it requires Windows 2000/XP
>> and .NET 1.1. Does it means that Windows 98 and .NET 1.0 are not supported?
>> Why not? Any FAQ? Too many unanswered questions. I''ll stick with good ol''
>> genuine channel for the moment. But if it is free, it may be a very good
>> thing for free software developpers who don''t want to pay for a
>> bidirectionnal channel.

Sunny

Hi Allen,
no, I had no time. But if I do, I''ll post here.

Sunny

In article <pjb0e057dor5g2nj5o09edgftdur29c3d5@4ax.com>,
allen@sparkysystems.com says...
> did you try this other channel out Sunny? I haven''t had time to look
> into it myself and was curious on the ups and downs of it.
>

> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:32:22 -0500, Sunny
> <sunnyask@icebergwireless.com> wrote:
>
> >Free is always good :)
> >
> >but, they have no http, no way to use them behind proxy, etc. so I do
> >agree with you, for now I do not see any way to not use gc.
> >
> >Sunny
> >
> >In article <OEqwKfkWEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
> >rockfamily@REMOVEME.hotmail.com says...
> >>
> >> "AA" <aa@personal.net.py> wrote in message

> >> Looks like a competitor for Genuine Channels. I think that i actually saw
> >> this one a while ago. But there are no mention of any price or terms of use.
> >> Is it free? Open source? And the page says that it requires Windows 2000/XP
> >> and .NET 1.1. Does it means that Windows 98 and .NET 1.0 are not supported?
> >> Why not? Any FAQ? Too many unanswered questions. I''ll stick with good ol''
> >> genuine channel for the moment. But if it is free, it may be a very good
> >> thing for free software developpers who don''t want to pay for a
> >> bidirectionnal channel.

gwowen

Gareth Owen <gwowen@gmail.com> writes:

> John Masters <johnmasters@me.com> writes:
>
>> Never having subscribed to Sky, purchased one of Murdoch's rags or
>> knowingly given Murdoch a single penny, I can only refer to my
>> previous comment re: cotton and canal. Just ask Stephen Gerrard what
>> is _the_ match.
>
> Well, yes. But despite Stephen Gerrard's many qualities, a nuanced
> understanding of pre-Premier League football history is not numbered
> among them.

Here's someone who has a longer association with Liverpool FC:

"Dalglish, who has overseen defeats by Manchester United and Blackpool
since taking charge last weekend, denied that United had supplanted
Everton as Liverpool's fiercest rivals.

'Not for me. They say Manchester United v Liverpool is a derby
but I don't see that - I see it as a competitive football match.
A derby is best described as two teams from the same city playing
each other'"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9...