remoting... connections pooling?

Anibal Acosta

6/24/2004 7:17:00 PM

I decide to use remoting as a communication solution between my main service
and the billing service.
But I need to know if when I create an instance of a remoting object this
open and close the TCP channel for each?

For example (just an example)

I have a function that create an instance of a remoting object and call some
method in the remote object.
My object type is Singleton
So, this function can be called thousand of time in a day including
simultaneus calls (from differents threads)
But if for each instance remoting open and close connection that will take
too many time.

Another question...
What happen is I create just one static instance of the remoting object,
this instance can handle simultaneus request?

Thanks a lot guys!

AA

2 Answers

Allen Anderson

A singleton will open and hold open the communications channel that
you setup for it. However, remember to setup your lifetime services
to either null or use lease/sponsors to keep your objects from going
away.

Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website url here.com

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:17:21 -0400, "AA" <aa@personal.net.py> wrote:

>I decide to use remoting as a communication solution between my main service
>and the billing service.
>But I need to know if when I create an instance of a remoting object this
>open and close the TCP channel for each?
>
>For example (just an example)
>
>I have a function that create an instance of a remoting object and call some
>method in the remote object.
>My object type is Singleton
>So, this function can be called thousand of time in a day including
>simultaneus calls (from differents threads)
>But if for each instance remoting open and close connection that will take
>too many time.
>

>Another question...
>What happen is I create just one static instance of the remoting object,
>this instance can handle simultaneus request?
>

>Thanks a lot guys!
>
>AA

Anibal Acosta

is true!