IIS Remote Host & Proxy Servers

pmcg

6/24/2004 1:37:00 PM

I'm getting a message (407) Proxy Authentication Required. when trying to
invoke a method on a remote object that is hosted on a IIS site A.B.C on an
intranet machine. Internal DNS has been sorted where i can browse to a test
page on the site using IE with no problems.

If i try to invoke a remote method i get the error above, if i disable the
proxy in IE, the remote object method invockation is successfull, but this
is not something i will be allowed do.

I am using configuration files as i do not want remoting to be explicit,
that is the remoteable objects are designed to be stateless and can be
configured if necessary using a configuration file. What i would like to
know is can i configure the http channel being used to bypass the proxy.

Have seen code examples that can set a proxy using reflection but i would
prefer to admin this through config files rather than code changes.

Any help would be appreciated

Pat

3 Answers

Sunny

Hi Pat,
read my answer to your other post.

Sunny

In article <O5NewAfWEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
pat@nospam.nospam.com says...
> I''m getting a message (407) Proxy Authentication Required. when trying to
> invoke a method on a remote object that is hosted on a IIS site A.B.C on an
> intranet machine. Internal DNS has been sorted where i can browse to a test
> page on the site using IE with no problems.
>
> If i try to invoke a remote method i get the error above, if i disable the
> proxy in IE, the remote object method invockation is successfull, but this
> is not something i will be allowed do.
>
> I am using configuration files as i do not want remoting to be explicit,
> that is the remoteable objects are designed to be stateless and can be
> configured if necessary using a configuration file. What i would like to
> know is can i configure the http channel being used to bypass the proxy.
>
> Have seen code examples that can set a proxy using reflection but i would
> prefer to admin this through config files rather than code changes.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Pat

heckruler83

Yeah, I realize all this now. What I was actually wanting to do was to
resize the terminal window that runs in gnome. I really don't have
any great desire to program for actual terminals. I mean, who uses a
VT100 anymore? But making something that only runs in Gnome or KDE is
also silly.

And hey, cut me some slack. It was my first time.

Ido Yehieli

On Mar 10, 9:01 pm, heckrule...@yahoo.com wrote:
> And hey, cut me some slack. It was my first time.

Oh, I didn't mean anything by that :)

If you want to resize a terminal, the best I can think of atm (in case
you don't want to use an sdl/x11 pseudo-terminal like angband and a
lot of other games) is to get the size of the current terminal, and if
it is too small to open a new one with the appropriate size. Or even
start the game in a new terminal to begin with.

But if I were you I would have either:

1. used sdl
2. made my game work in 24x80
3. exit in case it is too small and ask the user to resize the
terminal

I would rather get a polite request than have my terminal (which
probably also contain other tabs) resized without warning.

-Ido.