IIS Remoting Host and Proxy Servers

Pmcg

6/24/2004 7:49:00 AM

I'm getting a message (407) Proxy Authentication Required. when trying to invoke a method on a remote object that is hosted on a IIS site A.B.C on an intranet machine. Internal DNS has been sorted where i can browse to a test page on the site using IE with no problems.
If i try to invoke a remote method i get the error above, if i disable the proxy in IE, the remote object method invockation is successfull, but this is not something i will be allowed do.
I am using configuration files as i do not want remoting to be explicit, that is the remoteable objects are designed to be stateless and can be configured if necessary using a configuration file. What i would like to know is can i configure the http channel being used to bypass the proxy.
Have seen code examples that can set a proxy using reflection but i would prefer to admin this through config files rather than code changes.

Any help would be appreciated
Pat
1 Answer

Sunny

Hi Pat,

In article <09319EC6-6E18-4997-B283-505EEEB5F18E@microsoft.com>,
Pmcg@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I''m getting a message (407) Proxy Authentication Required. when trying to invoke a method on a remote object that is hosted on a IIS site A.B.C on an intranet machine. Internal DNS has been sorted where i can browse to a test page on the site using IE with no problems.
> If i try to invoke a remote method i get the error above, if i disable the proxy in IE, the remote object method invockation is successfull, but this is not something i will be allowed do.
> I am using configuration files as i do not want remoting to be explicit, that is the remoteable objects are designed to be stateless and can be configured if necessary using a configuration file. What i would like to know is can i configure the http channel being used to bypass the proxy.
> Have seen code examples that can set a proxy using reflection but i would prefer to admin this through config files rather than code changes.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
> Pat

1. Using config files can cause problems. Read this:
http://www.genuinechannels.com/Content.aspx?id=88&...

2. To disable the proxy, you can use GlobalProxySelection like:

GlobalProxySelection.Select = GlobalProxySelection.GetEmptyWebProxy;

Hope that helps
Sunny