Charles A. Lackman

9/18/2009 12:36:00 AM

Hello,

I am using the following connection to Query and Excel Spreadsheet:

AConnectionString = "Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver
(*.xls)};DriverId=790;Dbq=" & ofdSelectFile.FileName & ";DefaultDir=c:\;"

ASourceConnection = New Odbc.OdbcConnection(AConnectionString)

Dim ADataAdapter as new odbc.odbcDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM $Sheet1",
ASourceConnection)

ADataAdapter.Fill(MyDataset)

This works Great, however, if a column in the Spreadsheet has a lot of blank
rows before pertinant data is available. The whole column is empty. i.e:

Column1 Column2
Column3
Row1 Tea
..59
Row2 Coffee
..97
Row12 Milk 20081002
1.59

All the values work in Column1 and Column3, but Column2 is all blank. If I
put "0" in column2 - Rows 1 - 11 it works, however, I can't modify the
spreadsheet before the query...

This returns all blank entries also: "SELECT Column2 from $Sheet1"

Any Suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks