Re: Dataset and ODBC provider

Bob Beauchemin

2/21/2002 7:56:00 PM

Because Microsoft decided that "your code -> OLE DB -> ODBC -> your driver"
was too many levels of indirection, and could result in performance (and
other) problems. So they shipped a separate ODBC bridge data provider
instead.

Since it was shipped as an add-in, its not completely integrated (mostly
not) integrated into Visual Studio yet.

Just out of curiousity, what database and driver are you using?

Bob Beauchemin
bobb@develop.com