Catching exceptions low level

Robin Prosch via .NET 247

I'm currently developing a distributed application in which you're required to login in the server with a client application. It's is possible that a user with admin rights can kick you another user out of the server. At the moment a user that has been kicked out tries to invoke something at the server, an InvalidUserException is thrown. The current implementation is catching events at a high level, resulting in a lot of try/catch blocks. I would like to catch the InvalidUserException at a low level, somewhere in the sink (if possible). This way I don't have to check 1000 times in my code for an InvalidUserException. Because the action is always the same when a user is kicked out (client side) I was wondering if there was a nice solution for this problem. So it myust not be caught at the business level of the interface level, but right there where the actual communication occurs... Anybody a suggestion? Thanx in advance.

--------------------------------
From: aart aarsjes

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)

<Id>CSJCDOAPb0aEqltLC60CNQ==</Id>
2 Answers

msb

"Calvin":
> > 6 In 1867 what did the USA purchase from Russia for about $7 million?

David B.:
> Alaska.
> I'm sure that that's the answer you're after but was it bought by the USA
> then?

Why did you *think* the year 1867 was only 354 days long there?
(Bonus question: why 354 and not 353?)
--
Mark Brader "`char **' parameters are packaged in GREEN
Toronto envelopes and placed on the FIFTH shelf."

msb

"Calvin":
>>> 6 In 1867 what did the USA purchase from Russia for about $7 million?

David B.:
>> Alaska.
>> I'm sure that that's the answer you're after but was it bought by the USA
>> then?

Mark Brader:
> Why did you *think* the year 1867 was only 354 days long there?
> (Bonus question: why 354 and not 353?)

The answer is, because at the same time that the US switched Alaska
onto the Gregorian calendar, they also switched it from "Asian date"
to "European date". In other words, it moved the international date
line from its eastern border to fall between Asia and North America.
If the time zones we now know had been in use then (which they weren't),
most of Alaska would have switched from zone +15 to its present -9.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto Rocket, 1829: The first 30 mph train.
msb@vex.net TGV-A, 1989: The first 300 mph train.