dwa

6/15/2004 3:29:00 PM

I've gotten the RemoteIIS example to work on localhost, but attempting to
move it to another machine, yields the following error when I attempt to
connect:

"Unable to login:The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not
Allowed."

This indicates an invalid HTTP method, but I don't see any difference in the
way the remote machines virtual directory was setup vs. the localhost
testing dir (all permissions, read, write, exec, etc., are the same). Is
there some special way we have to configure the virtual directory on the
remote machine when it is hosting .NET objects?

Not exactly "transparent", eh?

- da

2 Answers

dwa

Self-reply to help the Google Bots:

The problem was the order in which we installed components. We ran the
aspnet_regiis.exe program, is located in
\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322.

Use the /? option to find the command line parameters from the dos prompt.
We did the /i option to install 1.1.4322.

-- dwa

"dwa" <da@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I''ve gotten the RemoteIIS example to work on localhost, but attempting to
> move it to another machine, yields the following error when I attempt to
> connect:
>
> "Unable to login:The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not
> Allowed."
>
> This indicates an invalid HTTP method, but I don''t see any difference in
the
> way the remote machines virtual directory was setup vs. the localhost
> testing dir (all permissions, read, write, exec, etc., are the same). Is
> there some special way we have to configure the virtual directory on the
> remote machine when it is hosting .NET objects?
>
> Not exactly "transparent", eh?
>
> - da

Dan Q very much

On Jun 8, 9:24 pm, Dan Q very much <dque...@new.rr.com> wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2:00 pm, bobweir <gratefulhol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just what I was looking for..Glad to see Illinios pinball has
> > these..Just ordered the gold plated. Good price too
>
> Aaaaand I have that exact topper for sale now, I bought Darin's JD but
> my basement is topper-challenged so I want to sell this topper and use
> the money to buy the Deadworld mod!
>
> It's indeed the gold plated one, $100 shipped in the US to the first
> respondent! (I figure that's like getting free shipping if you were to
> pay the full price at IP, that sounds fair I think. It's only like a
> month old, they just started selling them!)

If no takers find this offer cleverly hidden at the end of this
thread, I'll post it in its own thread later! Thought it might make it
more fun this way, but not selling it would not be fun at all!