Remoting App Fails on Internet Computer. Security?

junkmale48

6/14/2004 3:04:00 PM

I'm am fairly new to Remoteing so bear with me. I have a fairly large
and complex remoting app. I have painstakeingly gotten this app to
work correctly and relibly on the computers on my intranet.( I have
admin rights on all of these computers). Then I tried using the app on
another computer accross the internet. I know the communication is
working because I am able to activate my Singleton remote object and
and call methods on it and it works. At some point the object creates
a new instance of a MBR type(on the server) and returns that instance
to the client. The object is not null, but when I try to do anything
to it such as access a bool property(just exposeing a private bool
var) on it, it throws an exception 100% of the time, in the exact same
place,even if I try to access a different property instead. The
exception has no info it just tells me to enable custom errors(which
is set in the config file, I don't unstand why I still don't get
errors). The only thing I can think of is the fact that I don't have
rights on that computer. Is this a common problem?
1 Answer

Sunny

Hi Tom,
you have to enable customErrors both at server and client to see the
error.

I have never seen such a behaviour, so you should provide the exact
exception to look at.

But, I do not think that this is a rights issue.

Sunny

In article <63d1c9f0.0406140703.7356347f@posting.google.com>, junkmale48
@hotmail.com says...