microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

EnumerateMetafile usage issue

Nalin Jayasuriya

I have created a Metafile (in GraphicsUnit.Points units). I need to play
back portions of the contents of this Metafile. Playing back the whole file
works ok.

I used the 'EnumerateMetafile' method and specified the source and
destination rectangles. No source or destination rectangle selection happens,
the whole image gets drawn!

I have included part of the playback code. Does anyone have any idea why
this doesn't work the way I expect it to?

Sample:

graphicsSurface.EnumerateMetafile(m_metaFile1
, new Rectangle(200,400, 100, 200)
, new Rectangle(300,400, 100, 200)
, GraphicsUnit.Point
, m_delegate);

Also, even in the simplest 'EnumerateMetafile' method (as shown) below, the
destination-point get's ignored!.

[C#]
public void EnumerateMetafile(
Metafile metafile,
Point destPoint,
Graphics.EnumerateMetafileProc callback
);

Please reply if you know the reason!

Thanks!

From: Nalin Jayasuriya
1 Answer

Nalin Jayasuriya

Some more details about this issue...

If I try the following on a ''Windows.Form'', the following work ok. I am
trying this on the graphics surface during a ''PrintPage'' in a PrintPreview.

I wonder whether it''s to do with the Graphics surface returned by the
PrintPage event?

Thanks!