FoxPro database via ole db in Reporting Services

Mike D

I'm accessing a FoxPro database via ole db and ths works fine on my local
report server. However, when I deploy the report to the live report server
I'm getting the error 'Invalid path or file name'

The FoxPro database is on a separate server and the connection string is :
string connectionString = @"provider=vfpoledb;" +
@"data source='\\server\data\foxpro.dbc';" +
"password='';user id=''";

I've read a few articles explaining that it's a permissions problem. I've
tried granting full permissions to the data folder for myself and 'Network
Service' but this still occurs. The web.config file for the report server has
impersonate set to true and IIS is configured for 'Integrated Windows
authentication' and does not use anonymous access.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mike
3 Answers

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Mike,

Does the report server''s account have permissions to the directory?

cindy_winegarden@msn.com www.cindywinegarden.com

"MikeD" <MikeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I''m accessing a FoxPro database via ole db and ths works fine on my local
> report server. However, when I deploy the report to the live report server
> I''m getting the error ''Invalid path or file name''
>
> The FoxPro database is on a separate server and the connection string is :
> string connectionString = @"provider=vfpoledb;" +
> @"data source=''\\server\data\foxpro.dbc'';" +
> "password='''';user id=''''";
>
> I''ve read a few articles explaining that it''s a permissions problem. I''ve
> tried granting full permissions to the data folder for myself and ''Network
> Service'' but this still occurs. The web.config file for the report server
> has
> impersonate set to true and IIS is configured for ''Integrated Windows
> authentication'' and does not use anonymous access.
>
> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Mike

Michal Bielinski

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:27:29 +0100, Joni Toivanen <jomiolto@gmail.com> =

=

=

=

=

> addition to the already confusing nature of the game...

So that's no problem. Red - enlightening visions =3D small red. I think =
it
is still worth to include them in listing. Oh, I got better:

=

> 'shrooms of course, he can't just eat them at the player's will, now c=
an =

> he? ;)

Perhaps [s]mell command then? :-) It would work like stepping on a squar=
e.
Just joking, it would be too easy to escape lizards in certain situation=
s =

if
escape always worked.

> And about the visions; there's one that is actually useful, but =

> otherwise no comments...

Yes, I noticed that.

-- =

Michal Bielinski

Joni Toivanen

Michal Bielinski wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:27:29 +0100, Joni Toivanen <jomiolto@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Michal Bielinski wrote:
>>> How about other mushrooms? Alan also ate some red growth! But there
>>> were
>>> no purple mushrooms just pink ones.
>>
>> Big red ones give visions, small ones just hurt you. And you're right,
>> they should be pink and not purple -- but perhaps this is just a good
>> addition to the already confusing nature of the game...
>
> So that's no problem. Red - enlightening visions = small red. I think it
> is still worth to include them in listing. Oh, I got better:
>
> ||Congratulations! You guided Alan successfully through his journey!
> ||You scored 7460 points!

Oh, congrats, that's the first public victory post, I think.
Now just try to find your way to the secret levels.. ;)

>>> Why there is no command to let Alan eat a mushroom? That would be
>>> useful.
>>> One of visions was about having a hangover. :-D
>>>

>> Oh, but Alan needs the correct mind-set to truly appreciate the tasty
>> 'shrooms of course, he can't just eat them at the player's will, now can
>> he? ;)
>
> Perhaps [s]mell command then? :-) It would work like stepping on a square.
> Just joking, it would be too easy to escape lizards in certain situations
> if
> escape always worked.

Hah, now, that would be great. I'll have to take all these suggestions
into consideration, since I still have a couple of days until the seven
day limit (although it might be difficult to find time to actually
implement them...)

Hmm, most of the time I keep thinking of the game as "finished" in my
mind, but at times I do wonder...