100 second delay when first initializing remoting assembly in IE

westerdale

6/11/2004 1:49:00 PM

I'm calling an assembly from IE and getting a huge delay before it will appear.

<object id="ET" classid="http:myassembly.dll#.myAssembly">
</object>
This assembly references a remoting assembly calling a Singleton on a remote server server (basic file transfer remoting)

Hosting myassembly in a Host.exe, the remoting, file transfer is fast 2-3 secs.
When using the same assembly within IE6 it take 100 secs for the assembly to even appear and then the remoting works as normal (file transfer 2-3 secs) until I close the browser session.

Things I've tried:
1) using a myassembly.dll.config with
<LINK REL="myassembly.dll.config" href="http://..myurl....myassembly.dll.config">

Though this makes no difference to the initialitzation speed.
the config contains all the codebase locations. All assemblies are strong name signed.

An assembly without any remoting works fine in IE...

Any ideas?

Simon
2 Answers

Sunny

this is a known issue. Lokk these articles for solution:

http://www.genuinechannels.com/Content.aspx?id=20&...

http://www.genuinechannels.com/Community.aspx?id=63&...

Hope that helps
Sunny

In article <9FB9B70F-159C-45A3-BAA8-D19F3585854A@microsoft.com>,
westerdale@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I''m calling an assembly from IE and getting a huge delay before it will appear.
>
> <object id="ET" classid="http:myassembly.dll#.myAssembly">
> </object>
> This assembly references a remoting assembly calling a Singleton on a remote server server (basic file transfer remoting)
>
> Hosting myassembly in a Host.exe, the remoting, file transfer is fast 2-3 secs.
> When using the same assembly within IE6 it take 100 secs for the assembly to even appear and then the remoting works as normal (file transfer 2-3 secs) until I close the browser session.
>
> Things I''ve tried:
> 1) using a myassembly.dll.config with
> <LINK REL="myassembly.dll.config" href="http://..myurl....myassembly.dll.config">
>
> Though this makes no difference to the initialitzation speed.
> the config contains all the codebase locations. All assemblies are strong name signed.
>
> An assembly without any remoting works fine in IE...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Simon

westerdale

Sunny, Your a star! Just what the doctor ordered :-)

Simon