microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

Another Transparency 24 bit post

mezzcowles

10/16/2004 1:13:00 AM

Hoy All,

I understand that when making custom shaped forms using a Bitmap with
transparency, any color display above 24bits will cause the
transperancy to not work.

What I don't understand is why.

Was this originally a bug, or by design?
Furthermore, will this be addressed in future transparency schemes?
Will this work in longhorn, or will the vector graphics engine pretty
much change all of the old transparency rules.

Anyone know the story behind this old issue?

Thanks!
-Mezzrow
9 Answers

M Roberts

"relkins" <relkins@u.washington.edu> wrote in message

> . . . . don't tell the wife!

Never, ever, tell the wife. If she had any idea how much money I spend on my
'toys' there'd be trouble. Serious trouble.

Mind you, I'm sure she's the same. Always bringing in new clothes that were
'bargains' . . . . Or saying 'Oh no, I've had these shoes for years, you've
just not noticed'.

Cheers, Martyn
--
Warmaster: http://www.mrobs.freeserve.co.uk/pages/wm_...

relkins

"M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> "relkins" <relkins@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
>>
>> . . . . don't tell the wife!
>
> Never, ever, tell the wife. If she had any idea how much money I spend on
> my
> 'toys' there'd be trouble. Serious trouble.
>
> Mind you, I'm sure she's the same. Always bringing in new clothes that
> were
> 'bargains' . . . . Or saying 'Oh no, I've had these shoes for years,
> you've
> just not noticed'.

My Brother!!! Hallelujah!!!! And I thought I was all alone!!! Yes, her
purchases are "needed" and "for work". Never mind I almost >never< see her
wear the more expensive stuff to work. And don't get me started on f!*$ing
purses!!! Just....don't! ;)

Grinning and bearing it,

drgrbek

Kevin Milner

"M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> "relkins" <relkins@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
>>
>> . . . . don't tell the wife!
>
> Never, ever, tell the wife. If she had any idea how much money I spend on
> my
> 'toys' there'd be trouble. Serious trouble.
>
> Mind you, I'm sure she's the same. Always bringing in new clothes that
> were
> 'bargains' . . . . Or saying 'Oh no, I've had these shoes for years,
> you've
> just not noticed'.
>
> Cheers, Martyn
> --
> Warmaster: http://www.mrobs.freeserve.co.uk/pages/wm_...

I tried that very tact with a recent miniature purchase. Then she points to
the black gobbo in my email box and says "Then why is that miniature listed
as 'New Releases'"?

Its not a true story, but it sounded good.

Richard Busby

relkins wrote:
> "M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> Mind you, I'm sure she's the same. Always bringing in new clothes that
>> were
>> 'bargains' . . . . Or saying 'Oh no, I've had these shoes for years,
>> you've
>> just not noticed'.
>
> My Brother!!! Hallelujah!!!! And I thought I was all alone!!! Yes, her
> purchases are "needed" and "for work". Never mind I almost >never< see her
> wear the more expensive stuff to work. And don't get me started on f!*$ing
> purses!!! Just....don't! ;)

MI think they all have a secret manual or something that gets issued at
birth. That or it's hidden in the ladies room somewhere. Mine does that
too. "This old thing?!? No, I've had it for ages..."

Suuuuuuuuuuuure. I do actually notice what she wears. But then again, we
have separate mad money accounts so it's not like she or I are spending
the mortgage money on toys... :P

Richard

relkins

"Richard Busby" <richbusby@hatespam.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> relkins wrote:
>> "M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>>> Mind you, I'm sure she's the same. Always bringing in new clothes that
>>> were
>>> 'bargains' . . . . Or saying 'Oh no, I've had these shoes for years,
>>> you've
>>> just not noticed'.
>>
>> My Brother!!! Hallelujah!!!! And I thought I was all alone!!! Yes, her
>> purchases are "needed" and "for work". Never mind I almost >never< see
>> her wear the more expensive stuff to work. And don't get me started on
>> f!*$ing purses!!! Just....don't! ;)
>
> MI think they all have a secret manual or something that gets issued at
> birth. That or it's hidden in the ladies room somewhere. Mine does that
> too. "This old thing?!? No, I've had it for ages..."
>
> Suuuuuuuuuuuure. I do actually notice what she wears. But then again, we
> have separate mad money accounts so it's not like she or I are spending
> the mortgage money on toys... :P

Either I'm not as observant as you, or my wife tends to buy the same color
clothes all the time.
Prolly the former.
I once made the mistake of looking at a receipt from a recent "acquisition
excursion" she made to Nordstroms.
JUMPED-UP JESUS HAROLD FUCKING CHRIST ON A POGO STICK!!!!!!!!!!!
That was the day I learned how much those "totally fab" purses of hers cost.
In gamer terms, I could've bought the soon-to-be-released SM company box AND
a Baneblade. And then had lunch. And bought a book at Borders or Barnes and
Noble. ISYN.

But they aren't her version of "toys", so sir!! They are necessities!

Is there no justice in the world? :)

drgrbek

Robert Singers

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea relkins said

> That was the day I learned how much those "totally fab" purses of hers
> cost. In gamer terms, I could've bought the soon-to-be-released SM
> company box AND a Baneblade. And then had lunch. And bought a book at
> Borders or Barnes and Noble. ISYN.
>
> But they aren't her version of "toys", so sir!! They are necessities!
>
> Is there no justice in the world? :)

Sure there is, spend dollar for dollar.

--
Rob Singers
RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://ww...

Robert Singers

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Borscope said

> Doc Rock, Relkins, I thought the same, so I'm going to supersterilize
> one and see if it goes foamy.

Now that's the best metaphor for having one off the wrist, that I've heard
in a long time.

--

"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Borscope said
>

>> Doc Rock, Relkins, I thought the same, so I'm going to supersterilize
>> one and see if it goes foamy.
>
> Now that's the best metaphor for having one off the wrist, that I've heard
> in a long time.

"Persecuting the Heretic" has always been a fave term of mine. That and
"Punching the Bishop".

Firing the Surgeon General,

drgrbek

Kurt

It was twenty years ago today, relkins taught the band to play:
> "Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Borscope said
>>> Doc Rock, Relkins, I thought the same, so I'm going to supersterilize
>>> one and see if it goes foamy.
>> Now that's the best metaphor for having one off the wrist, that I've heard
>> in a long time.
>
> "Persecuting the Heretic" has always been a fave term of mine. That and
> "Punching the Bishop".
>
> Firing the Surgeon General,

Wailing on the pink ninja...

--
Kurt *Kill the nospam to reply*

Ignoring the fluff is like sleeping with your cousin!

-- RGMW outtake