Microsft Newsgroups

I am passing a user defined class, that has a NameValueCollection as one of
the members, as a return value from a remote object method. It does not
work. I have marked the user defined class as Serializable. I am getting a
serialization error. The NameValueCollection is serializable however.

The remote object is hosted in a NT service.

Can anyone please explain this?

Thanks a lot,
Nitin

8 Answers

Sunny

and what about the objects which are in the Value field? Are all they
serializable as well?

Can you post a short sample, which reproduces the problem?

Sunny

In article <uR3G70uTEHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
nitin@nospamplease.com says...
> Hi,
>
> I am passing a user defined class, that has a NameValueCollection as one of
> the members, as a return value from a remote object method. It does not
> work. I have marked the user defined class as Serializable. I am getting a
> serialization error. The NameValueCollection is serializable however.
>
> The remote object is hosted in a NT service.
>
> Can anyone please explain this?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Nitin

Microsft Newsgroups

Hi Sunny,

Thanks a lot for responding. Given below is the definition of the class that
is being sent as a return parameter.

[Serializable]

public class BizObjectInformation

{

public NameValueCollection AttributeTable;

public ArrayList Keys;

}

~Nitin

"Sunny" <sunnyask@icebergwireless.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> and what about the objects which are in the Value field? Are all they
> serializable as well?
>
> Can you post a short sample, which reproduces the problem?
>
> Sunny
>
> In article <uR3G70uTEHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
> nitin@nospamplease.com says...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am passing a user defined class, that has a NameValueCollection as one
of
> > the members, as a return value from a remote object method. It does not
> > work. I have marked the user defined class as Serializable. I am getting
> > serialization error. The NameValueCollection is serializable however.
> >
> > The remote object is hosted in a NT service.
> >
> > Can anyone please explain this?
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Nitin

Sunny

Hi Nitin,

it seems OK, but you have to examine all the objects you put in the
arraylist and in the namevalue collection. If some of the objects in the
value field of the namevalue collection or in the arraylist is not
[Serializable], the whole serialization process will fail.

Sunny

In article <OXgx1Q3TEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
nitin@nospamplease.com says...
> Hi Sunny,
>
> Thanks a lot for responding. Given below is the definition of the class that
> is being sent as a return parameter.
>
> [Serializable]
>
> public class BizObjectInformation
>
> {
>
> public NameValueCollection AttributeTable;
>
> public ArrayList Keys;
>
> }
>
> ~Nitin
>

> "Sunny" <sunnyask@icebergwireless.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > and what about the objects which are in the Value field? Are all they
> > serializable as well?
> >
> > Can you post a short sample, which reproduces the problem?
> >
> > Sunny
> >
> > In article <uR3G70uTEHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
> > nitin@nospamplease.com says...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am passing a user defined class, that has a NameValueCollection as one
> of
> > > the members, as a return value from a remote object method. It does not
> > > work. I have marked the user defined class as Serializable. I am getting
> > > serialization error. The NameValueCollection is serializable however.
> > >
> > > The remote object is hosted in a NT service.
> > >
> > > Can anyone please explain this?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot,
> > > Nitin

Microsft Newsgroups

Hi Sunny,

I cross checked everything. All objects that are being added to the
ArrayList and NameValueCollection have been marked as [Serializable]. Is
this some known issue with the NameValueCollection class?

Thanks

> Hi Nitin,
>
> it seems OK, but you have to examine all the objects you put in the
> arraylist and in the namevalue collection. If some of the objects in the
> value field of the namevalue collection or in the arraylist is not
> [Serializable], the whole serialization process will fail.
>
> Sunny
>

> In article <OXgx1Q3TEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
> nitin@nospamplease.com says...
> > Hi Sunny,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for responding. Given below is the definition of the class
that
> > is being sent as a return parameter.
> >
> > [Serializable]
> >
> > public class BizObjectInformation
> >
> > {
> >
> > public NameValueCollection AttributeTable;
> >
> > public ArrayList Keys;
> >
> > }
> >
> > ~Nitin
> >

> > "Sunny" <sunnyask@icebergwireless.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > and what about the objects which are in the Value field? Are all they
> > > serializable as well?
> > >
> > > Can you post a short sample, which reproduces the problem?
> > >
> > > Sunny
> > >
> > > In article <uR3G70uTEHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
> > > nitin@nospamplease.com says...

> > of

Sunny

Hi Nitin,

where do you receive the error - at serialization or at deserialization?
Try to use SOAP formatter to see the output of the serialization, and if
succeeds. And also, try to serialize the collection not for remoting,
but just with XML serializer, to see if it succeeds.
If it does not fail, then most probably the problem is with remoting
formatter, and then maybe you should go to implement ISerializable
interface and make your own serialization.
If you wish, you may post some sample runnable code, which demonstrates
the problem.

Sunny

In article <#yozKyfUEHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
nitin@nospamplease.com says...
> Hi Sunny,
>
> I cross checked everything. All objects that are being added to the
> ArrayList and NameValueCollection have been marked as [Serializable]. Is
> this some known issue with the NameValueCollection class?
>
> Thanks
> Nitin
>

> "Sunny" <sunnyask@icebergwireless.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Nitin,
> >
> > it seems OK, but you have to examine all the objects you put in the
> > arraylist and in the namevalue collection. If some of the objects in the
> > value field of the namevalue collection or in the arraylist is not
> > [Serializable], the whole serialization process will fail.
> >
> > Sunny
> >

> > In article <OXgx1Q3TEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
> > nitin@nospamplease.com says...
> > > Hi Sunny,
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot for responding. Given below is the definition of the class
> that
> > > is being sent as a return parameter.
> > >
> > > [Serializable]
> > >
> > > public class BizObjectInformation
> > >
> > > {
> > >
> > > public NameValueCollection AttributeTable;
> > >
> > > public ArrayList Keys;
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > ~Nitin
> > >

> > > "Sunny" <sunnyask@icebergwireless.com> wrote in message

> one
> > > of
> not
> getting
> however.

underlord

On Jun 8, 6:44 pm, Cobra99 <lancetschrit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 4:37 pm, underlord <rburn...@metrocast.net> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 8, 6:34 pm, Cobra99 <lancetschrit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Just got my NIB SM built on December 09, 2009 and it doesn't have the
> > > tournament sign or the button, and the lockdown bar with no hole.
> > > The top of the machine has the holes so it looks like it was installed
> > > but removed.  Doesn't make sense......http://www3.telus.net/c0bra9...
>
> > > Ordered this before so I wouldn't be affected by the cutbacks with the
> > > plastic apron, button protectors and no slider.  And yes it does have
> > > a metal coin box topper.
>
> > > Lance
>
> > I believe Stern deleted the tournament button on lockdown bars early
> > last summer, along with the tournament button in front.
>
> > It does have the steel apron and pf supports are built onto the pf,
> > right?
>
> > --Rick.
>
> yes steel apron and pf slider supports.  Not sure what you mean about
> the Tournament Button/Sign, my NIB IM has both(sign and front
> button).  I would think these should be included.  If you look at the
> picture the sign was installed and then removed.- Hide quoted text -

Ohhhh....I see it now. Hmmmm....a good question. My Lotr LE also
had 4 small dimples up top though, but no drilled holes... Any other
SM owners run into this?

I was under the impression that the tournament button on the lockdown
bar was permanently deleted and all lockdown bars only had smooth
surfaces like B/W pins. This change was one of Stern's cost cutting
ideas last year. Signs not included either.

--Rick.

badbilly27

On Jun 8, 5:44 pm, Cobra99 <lancetschrit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 4:37 pm, underlord <rburn...@metrocast.net> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 8, 6:34 pm, Cobra99 <lancetschrit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Just got my NIB SM built on December 09, 2009 and it doesn't have the
> > > tournament sign or the button, and the lockdown bar with no hole.
> > > The top of the machine has the holes so it looks like it was installed
> > > but removed.  Doesn't make sense......http://www3.telus.net/c0bra9...
>
> > > Ordered this before so I wouldn't be affected by the cutbacks with the
> > > plastic apron, button protectors and no slider.  And yes it does have
> > > a metal coin box topper.
>
> > > Lance
>
> > I believe Stern deleted the tournament button on lockdown bars early
> > last summer, along with the tournament button in front.
>
> > It does have the steel apron and pf supports are built onto the pf,
> > right?
>
> > --Rick.
>
> yes steel apron and pf slider supports.  Not sure what you mean about
> the Tournament Button/Sign, my NIB IM has both(sign and front
> button).  I would think these should be included.  If you look at the
> picture the sign was installed and then removed.

My Iron Man did not come with topper nor button on front cabinet.
Hmmmm...you sure yours did?

John Wart, jr

If you visit Stern, they drill the holes in the head on the assy line -
or they did, the last time I was on the factory tour at Expo.

--
--john
CARGPB34