ANN: RemObjects Internet Pack for .NET public beta

marc hoffman [RemObjects Software]

6/10/2004 9:19:00 AM

Hello everyone,

RemObjects Software is pleased to announce that the public beta of the
Internet Pack for .NET is now available for download.

Internet Pack for .Net (IP) is the new lightweight and flexible network
development framework developed 100% using native C# code. IP supports the
Microsoft .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 (May Preview), the Compact Framework,
and Mono (Beta 2). Supported development IDEs include Visual Studio 2003,
2005 (May Preview), and Borland Delphi 8.

Internet Pack for .NET is free and includes full source code.

STATUS

IP is currently in "stable beta" status. This means that we consider the
current build to be stable enough to be used in production projects and
day-to-day development, but we're planning to incorporate more features and
possible fixes in the near future before releasing the "final" version.

FEATURES

IP is a work in progress, and our goal for version 1.0 was to provide a
high-quality framework rather than a large amount of different protocol
implementations.

Some of the features available in the first release of IP include:

- Lightweight and comfortable to use base framework
- Flexible and highly scalable architecture
- Extendable Connection class allows you to easily integrate
custom encryption or compression solutions
- Extendable HTTP Client and Server framework - build HTTP applications
with just a few lines of code, or easily expand the components to provide
complex custom solutions
- Extendable FTP Server framework and VirtualFTP sample implementation
- CommandBasedServer and Client based components allow you to easily
implement your own command based protocols (such as SMTP, FTP
Command Connection, etc.)
- SimpleHttpServer component provides an easy to implement file-based
HTTP Server
- SMPT and POP3 Client implementation, Mail Message encapsulation classes
- Integration with upcoming DebugServer 3 for easy debugging and tracing

DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY

Over time, Internet Pack will become a community project, and we hope that
many of its users will contribute with their own extensions and components
to the project. Check the urls and newsgroup listed below for more
information.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & DOWNLOAD

Download your copy of Internet Pack now, or find more information about the
library at http://www.remobje....

Our news server is open for discussions about IP (both for users and
co-developers) at

Also check out the RemObjects Blogs at http://research.remobjects...
for regular news and thoughts on the development and progress of IP.

We hope that you will enjoy using Internet Pack as much as we have enjoyed
creating it, and we look forward to your feedback and comments.

The RemObjects Team
http://www.remo...

3 Answers

mzhulk

On Jun 8, 6:37 pm, mzhulk <mzh...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 6:49 am, mzhulk <mzh...@cox.net> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 7, 8:28 pm, mzhulk <mzh...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > > I just purchased a roll of #10 clear Non Shrinkable PVC tubing, and
> > > have *way* more than I'll
> > > ever use.  This is the stuff that Williams used to insulate the flat
> > > metal
> > > leads of the wedge base lamp sockets used in jet bumpers - the tubing
> > > is used
> > > on the bottom of the playfield where the lamp socket leads run between
> > > the
> > > metal legs of the jet bumper bracket.  If you absolutely, positively
> > > want that
> > > restoration to look original, or if you don't care to reuse the dirty,
> > > baked,
> > > and burned stuff, here's a chance to get some of the original-style
> > > material
> > > fresh off the roll.
>
> > > This post is directed solely at the collector or restorer who
> > > wants that original appearance. I can sell it to you for .50 cents a
> > > foot and only 1 dollar for shipping anywhere in the USA. I am only
> > > selling up to 400 feet as I need some for myself.
>
> > Still have some left.- Hide quoted text -

> Last call for this.- Hide quoted text -

I sold alot of this but still have some left, if anybody wants some
let me know. 50 cents a foot plus a dollar to ship anywhere in the USA.

mzhulk

On Jun 21, 9:44 pm, mzhulk <mzh...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 6:37 pm, mzhulk <mzh...@cox.net> wrote:

> > > Still have some left.- Hide quoted text -

> > Last call for this.- Hide quoted text -

> I sold alot of this but still have some left, if anybody wants some
> let me know. 50 cents a foot plus a dollar to ship anywhere in the USA.- Hide quoted text -

mzhulk

.