List of all remotable framework classes

Michiel

6/10/2004 7:45:00 AM

Hello,

Is there a site somewhere which lists _all_ remotable framework classes ?

TIA,

Michiel.

3 Answers

Sunny

Hi Michiel,
yes, the site is msdn.microsoft.com

Or your MSDN docs.

If you go to MarshalByReference overview in MSDN docs, there is a link
"Derived classes"

Sunny

In article <O8d9B8rTEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
michielNO@SPAMpayvision.com says...
> Hello,
>
> Is there a site somewhere which lists _all_ remotable framework classes ?
>
> TIA,
>
> Michiel.

Michiel

You mean this
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemmarshalbyrefobjectclasshie...
list right ? Yes, I found that already but it seems incomplete cuz e.g. I
can perfectly remote System::Byte ([]) and ArrayList as well.

Any other suggestions ?

"Sunny" <sunnyask@icebergwireless.com> wrote in message
> Hi Michiel,
> yes, the site is msdn.microsoft.com
>
> Or your MSDN docs.
>
> If you go to MarshalByReference overview in MSDN docs, there is a link
> "Derived classes"
>
> Sunny
>
> In article <O8d9B8rTEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
> michielNO@SPAMpayvision.com says...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a site somewhere which lists _all_ remotable framework classes
?

> > TIA,
> >
> > Michiel.

Sunny

by remotable, I mean exactly classes, which inherit from MBR. Only
objects from those classes can be instaniated on the server and expose
their methods to be called from the clients without passing the whole
object to the client.

In the case of arrays and ArrayList, their are Serializable - I.e. they
can be serialized and they are passed by value to the client, thus
meaning that all the data in the object is passed, and at the client
side there is a local copy of the object. And any changes on that object
does not affect the server instance.

So, you can look in the docs under ISerializable interface, there is a
list of classes which implement it.
I haven''t found so far a list of classes which are marked with
[Serializable] attribute, but when you open the class overview, you can
see if it has it.
If I find something more, I''ll post it here.

Sunny

In article <eRi3IU4TEHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,