Re: How to get return values from a function using remoting

Sahil Malik

6/7/2004 4:46:00 AM

Well, you could return a Bool kind of variable over a remoting boundary, so
there is not much of an issue with that.

How to debug - is another interesting facet though. The only special thing
to realize about remoting, is that the code will suddenly "jump" between
machines, and visual studio won't be able to follow it over network
boundaries. So as long as you know that .. this remoting call, maps to such
and such line in my server code, and set a breakpoint there .. you should be
fine. Obviously there are more complex answers to this, like remote debuging
etc. but why bother.

Hope that helps.

- Sahil Malik
Independent Consultant