ODBC could not find MYSQL 3.51 driver

sunny076

I am having a problem with connecting to MySQL driver from ODBC. I can
see from ODBC datasource that MySQL Driver is there and I can test
successfully. But when I try to connect from ODBC, I received the error
that MySQL ODBC Driver can not be foiund in teh sytsem information.
Below is the error message:

Additional information: ODBC connection failed - HY000: [MySQL][ODBC
3.51 Driver]Could not find driver {MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver} in system
information.

Does anyone facing the same problem? Can anyone enlighten me why this
problem occurs and how I can solve this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Sunny

2 Answers

Bjørn Remseth

Hi

I had a problem with similar symptoms. I tried
to connect to a mysql datasource from
excel, but it didn''t work very well. I tried to create the connection
directly from Excel,
but that consistently failed.

The fix was (simply) to declare the datasource
using the "ODBC data source administrator",
and then use it (without having to declare it) from excel.

Oh joy.

Michael Martin

On Jan 17, 8:23 pm, Kazuki Mishima <lunasspe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will Windows Frotz include meta-information browsing capabalities
> soon, like the current version of Zoom does now? Is there already a
> windows z-machine interpreter that implements these capabilities? I
> rather like the idea.

It was really designed for Linux, but if you have Python and GTK
installed, Blorple (http://blor... ) will browse directories
for metadata.

--Michael