Remoting in a desktop application

Gilgamesh

6/4/2004 10:15:00 PM

Hi there,

I would need to setup a desktop application and use remoting to connect to a
..NET component, which is hosted in IIS, on a W2K 2000 server. To host the
component, and because of the fact that the .NET component should interact
with an existing ASP application and bunch of COM components, I created a
virtual directory under the existing ASP application and copied the .NET
components under a bin subfolder created under the virtual directory. I've
also installed FP extensions on the Virtual directory. I'm also using
configuration files, both on the client and the server, to setup remoting.
After doing all that, I'm getting the error that :(405) Method Not Allowed.

Does somebody have any clue how I could fix this problem/

Thanks a bunch,
Gilgamesh

1 Answer

Sahil Malik

You might have registered URL''s that donot end in .SOAP or .REM, as only
these two extensions are forwarded to the remoting framework by IIS.

Another reason could be that maybe your ASP.NET installation is
misconfigured (maybe by updating from a beta or "release candidate" version
to a release version or due to some choices while running the setup). In
this case, you can try to reinstall the .NET ISAPI mappings (which are also
implicitely used by .NET Remoting) by going to
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705 and calling ASPNET_regiis -r" to
reinstall it for all virtual domains running on your machine.

- Sahil Malik
Independent Consultant
You can reach me thru my blog at -
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/s...