IIS Shutting down my remote object

Ben

6/4/2004 3:31:00 PM

Hi there

I have some IIS hosted remote objects (hosted as Singletons). My objects override the InitializeLifetimeService() to return null. I have sometimes seen IIS shutting down my objects after a period of inactivity (I write entries to the event log) and I'm not sure why this is happening. The next request to the server will re-create all my objects. This does not appear to happen consistently

Under what circumstances will IIS take down shared remote objects

Ben
1 Answer

Sunny

Hi Ben,