Using VFP(version 8) in .NET Window form

dch

6/8/2005 4:21:00 PM

I am having trouble to use VFP tables in .NET environment.
I am using VS 2003 and created a Window Form. I dragged a VFP table to my
Window form to create data connection and data adapter. The connection was
created but not the adapater. I got an error message:
The wizard detected the following problems when configuring the data adapter
for "table-name".
Details: Generated SELECT statement. There were errors configuring the data
adapter.
I can clicked OK to create the data adapter but the Insert, update
statements were not created. I had no problem using Access table.

Note: My VFP table does have unique key(Primary key).

Does anyone have any clue about how to fix this? Thanks

2 Answers

Prashant Dayachand

I have the same problem. Did you get a solution for it?

Thanks,

Prashant.

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

dch

Not directly!
I created an Access table with the same(similar structure), then create data
connection, etc and it generates the update statement. I copied the update
statement and pasted it to the update statement for my VFP data adapter. At
least I can make the datagrid to work(update, etc) for the VFP table.
I am still having problem to update the textbox using VFP table field. But
it is a different issue and I created a message in another newsgroup last
Thursday and have not got any response yet.