Sam

9/27/2004 8:01:00 PM

Hi everyone

Does anyone know if .net supports multi-layer drawing? I need to draw
different shapes (or remove them) on different layers

Thanks

Sam

4 Answers

Justin Rogers

There is no native support for layers. You have to create your own layering
implemention
using transparent memory bitmaps for each layer, or something simpler like
z-ordered
primitives.

There are graphics libraries that may suit you, such as VG .NET.

--
Justin Rogers
DigiTec Web Consultants, LLC.

"Sam" <qdo@datawave.ca> wrote in message
> Hi everyone
>
> Does anyone know if .net supports multi-layer drawing? I need to draw
> different shapes (or remove them) on different layers
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam

Frank Hileman

Hello Sam,

There is nothing built in like that. You might want to use Groups or
sub-Pictures to represent layers, with the free VG.net run-time.

Regards,
Frank Hileman

check out VG.net: www.vgdotnet.com
Animated vector graphics system
Integrated Visual Studio .NET graphics editor

"Sam" <qdo@datawave.ca> wrote in message
> Hi everyone
>
> Does anyone know if .net supports multi-layer drawing? I need to draw
> different shapes (or remove them) on different layers

Sam

Hi Justin

I''m new to graphics so could you tell me a little bit more about using

"Justin Rogers" <Justin@games4dotnet.com> wrote in message
> There is no native support for layers. You have to create your own
layering
> implemention
> using transparent memory bitmaps for each layer, or something simpler like
> z-ordered
> primitives.
>
> There are graphics libraries that may suit you, such as VG .NET.
>

> --
> Justin Rogers
> DigiTec Web Consultants, LLC.
> Blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/jus...
>
> "Sam" <qdo@datawave.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > Does anyone know if .net supports multi-layer drawing? I need to draw
> > different shapes (or remove them) on different layers
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sam

jeff

"Sam" <qdo@datawave.ca> wrote in message news:<ew7xxyMpEHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>...

> Does anyone know if .net supports multi-layer drawing?
> I need to draw different shapes (or remove them)
> on different layers

As you''ve gotten a couple of replies letting you know
that there is no native support for this,
I thought I''d let you know about a possible solution.

Our MetaDraw component will support your requirements
This is available as a .NET Winforms component for use
in .NET Winforms applications, or as an OCX control for
use in standard applications or in a web page.

MetaDraw will allow you to draw shapes ( by code or you can
allow end-user to draw with mouse ) and remove shapes.
You can group shapes into containers ( our equivalent of layers),
and you can remove shapes. You can allow the user to drag
shapes around, resize them, rotate them. When grouped into
containers, you can allow user to select, move, resize entire
container. You can change the layering order of shapes or
entire containers. You can hide or show shapes or containers.
Other features include UnDo and ReDo, Scrolling, Zooming, Save and Load,
Print.

Check it out at www.MetaDraw.com

I''d be happy to answer any questions

* * * * Please include a copy of this message with your reply

Jeff Bennett
Jeff@Bennet-Tec.Com

* Bennet-Tec Information Systems, Inc
* 50 Jericho Tpk, Jericho, NY 11753
* Phone 516 997 5596, Fax - 5597
* RELIABLE Components Make You Look Sharp!
* TList/Pro * ALLText HT/Pro * MetaDraw *
* Custom Software Development Services Too.
* WWW.Bennet-Tec.Com