eleni

I am using Visual Studio.net 2003 to build a mobile web application. I
haven't install Device Updated 2.0.

Dows anyone know if I can use CSS in my mobile web forms?

E.G.
<mobile:Link id="Link2" cssclass="style1" runat="server" NavigateUrl="link">
Example of a mobile link control
</mobile:Link>

I've tried the above example but it doesn't seem to work.

Also, can you use standard HTML elements like <a>, <p> etc. instead of
mobile controls and apply CSS (cssClass)?

Many thanks,
eleni

6 Answers

Chance Hopkins

You have to place a mobile style sheet on your page and the reference it
from the link object property "StyleReference".

See this page:

http://www.dotnetforce.com/Content.aspx?t=a...

"eleni" <evlachou@nospamzentropypartners.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using Visual Studio.net 2003 to build a mobile web application. I
> haven''t install Device Updated 2.0.
>
> Dows anyone know if I can use CSS in my mobile web forms?
>
> E.G.
> <mobile:Link id="Link2" cssclass="style1" runat="server"
> NavigateUrl="link">
> Example of a mobile link control
> </mobile:Link>
>
> I''ve tried the above example but it doesn''t seem to work.
>
> Also, can you use standard HTML elements like <a>, <p> etc. instead of
> mobile controls and apply CSS (cssClass)?
>
> Many thanks,
> eleni

eleni

Thanks for this but I was actually reffering to CSS styles not to the Mobile
Style control.

I''ve alredy used a mobile style but I am just wondering if you could add
further formating using CSS for devices that allow HTML rendering.

e.

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You have to place a mobile style sheet on your page and the reference it
> from the link object property "StyleReference".
>
> See this page:
>
> http://www.dotnetforce.com/Content.aspx?t=a...
>

> "eleni" <evlachou@nospamzentropypartners.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Visual Studio.net 2003 to build a mobile web application. I
>> haven''t install Device Updated 2.0.
>>
>> Dows anyone know if I can use CSS in my mobile web forms?
>>
>> E.G.
>> <mobile:Link id="Link2" cssclass="style1" runat="server"
>> NavigateUrl="link">
>> Example of a mobile link control
>> </mobile:Link>
>>
>> I''ve tried the above example but it doesn''t seem to work.
>>
>> Also, can you use standard HTML elements like <a>, <p> etc. instead of
>> mobile controls and apply CSS (cssClass)?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> eleni

Chance Hopkins

You would need to use a device specific tag. Check out this:

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/MobileQuickStart/Default.aspx?url=doc/DeviceSpe...

You want the section "Inserting Arbitrary Content"

Then look at the second example under "Viewsource".

> Thanks for this but I was actually reffering to CSS styles not to the
> Mobile Style control.
>
> I''ve alredy used a mobile style but I am just wondering if you could add
> further formating using CSS for devices that allow HTML rendering.
>
> e.
>
> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> You have to place a mobile style sheet on your page and the reference it
>> from the link object property "StyleReference".
>>
>> See this page:
>>
>> http://www.dotnetforce.com/Content.aspx?t=a...
>>

>> "eleni" <evlachou@nospamzentropypartners.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Visual Studio.net 2003 to build a mobile web application. I
>>> haven''t install Device Updated 2.0.
>>>
>>> Dows anyone know if I can use CSS in my mobile web forms?
>>>
>>> E.G.
>>> <mobile:Link id="Link2" cssclass="style1" runat="server"
>>> NavigateUrl="link">
>>> Example of a mobile link control
>>> </mobile:Link>
>>>
>>> I''ve tried the above example but it doesn''t seem to work.
>>>
>>> Also, can you use standard HTML elements like <a>, <p> etc. instead of
>>> mobile controls and apply CSS (cssClass)?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> eleni

eleni

Thanks!!

> You would need to use a device specific tag. Check out this:
>
> http://samples.gotdotnet.com/MobileQuickStart/Default.aspx?url=doc/DeviceSpe...
>
> You want the section "Inserting Arbitrary Content"
>
> Then look at the second example under "Viewsource".
>

> "eleni" <evlachou@nospamzentropypartners.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for this but I was actually reffering to CSS styles not to the
>> Mobile Style control.
>>
>> I''ve alredy used a mobile style but I am just wondering if you could add
>> further formating using CSS for devices that allow HTML rendering.
>>
>> e.
>>
>> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You have to place a mobile style sheet on your page and the reference it
>>> from the link object property "StyleReference".
>>>
>>> See this page:
>>>
>>> http://www.dotnetforce.com/Content.aspx?t=a...
>>>

>>> "eleni" <evlachou@nospamzentropypartners.com> wrote in message

David Fisher

<stuart@animats.net> wrote in message

>> * A story-oriented game would need to have an interesting setting,
>
> This is something I am struggling with at the moment. I am
> about to start writing a new game, and although I have chosen
> an interesting setting it is one that I don't have any personal
> experience with. This of course means that it will all come
> down to how well I do my research. I'm still in two minds
> though: do something interesting from research or write about
> something more everyday and draw on intimate personal
> experience...

For me, I wouldn't be too worried about minor factual inaccuracies in an
unusual setting .. only if it was something glaringly obvious, like pygmies
living in Australia (featured in a Bugs Bunny cartoon once :-) ).

I would probably enjoy an interesting setting with minor inaccuracies more
than a mundane one that was 100% correct, come to think of it. (Not that
your personal experiences are necessarily mundane ...)

Now I'm curious about your setting! But perhaps that would be giving too
much away ...

David Fisher

stuart

On Dec 6, 6:00 am, "David Fisher" <davidfis...@australiaonline.net.au>
wrote:

> Now I'm curious about your setting! But perhaps that would be giving too
> much away ...
>
> David Fisher

It's nothing that amazing (or secret). At the moment I'm thinking of
doing a
game set in Darwin during the February 1942 bombings. I've always
liked
reading WWII books, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of
WWII IF.

Of course having now read your post I'm going to have to scrap the
whole
sneak-past-the-pygmies puzzle.

Stuart