link control - can't find form

Carlos

3/17/2005 7:20:00 PM

Hi all,

I do have a project that has 2 forms, form 1 has a link
control with a NavigateURL pointing to the form ID of form2.
The project compiles fine, but when I try to view form1 in the browser
I get an exception telling me that the fom was not found. Where
should I place the form in order to be accessible by form 1?

Thanks for all your help,

Carlos.

2 Answers

Chance Hopkins

I think they have to be on the same page and can''t be nested.

Only one will be shown at a time.

"Carlos" <ch_sanin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I do have a project that has 2 forms, form 1 has a link
> control with a NavigateURL pointing to the form ID of form2.
> The project compiles fine, but when I try to view form1 in the browser
> I get an exception telling me that the fom was not found. Where
> should I place the form in order to be accessible by form 1?
>
> Thanks for all your help,
>
> Carlos.

JuanDG

First you have to understand the concept of cards and decks in WML, if you
don''t go read http://www.w3school...

Your problem (that''s what I can tell from the little information you give)
it''s that you''re trying to call by reference a card that it''s on another
deck.
On ASP.NET Mobile Forms every .aspx file is a deck which contains a set of
cards, you can only call cards (mobile forms) that exist on the same deck
(aspx file), Speaking from the Visual Designer prospective you can only call
a form by reference if you can see it on the same screen (right below the
form you are working on).

If it''s not in the same deck (and I think this is your case) you have to
call it with it''s full qualified path (in other words the URL).
try that and let us know how it goes.

Cheers!!!!!

--

Juan David Gomez A.