microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

Transparent or Alpha-Blend????

news

9/26/2004 9:45:00 PM

I need some help here. I am trying to create a win form application
that has a semi-transparent background with normal text.

Basically the background should be semi-transparent while all the
images, text, buttons, etc are optional. In essence it should be able
to do something like the screen shot at:

http://www.caublestoneink.com/trans...

What I am hoping to do is create an application that can basically do
what you see in the image.

As for a couple of things that don't seem to work and maybe I am just
not doing them correctly or I need a combination of things.

1. I have tried to set the form transparetkey to a color as the
background. The problem is that I want the entire form to be semi
transparent not fully transparent.

2. I have also tried the opacity property but that does not work
either.

All text should be rendered as normal but any controls I want
optionaly rendered with an alpha setting.

I have thought about PNG files but I am not sure if that will do what
I need since I want the whole transparency to flow to whatever is
under the app. So the background image or another app should show
through.

I did find an API that I am going to look into which is
SetLayeredWindowAttributes in conjuction with the WS_EX_LAYERED
style attribute.

Just looking for some help into the right direction or some sample
code (I don't care what language it is in since I can translate quite
a few). So far what I have found out there is not quite what I am
looking for.

Any help that anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated.

THanks.