Robin Prosch via .NET 247

3/11/2005 7:53:00 AM

Hello All
have one problem
<code>
if(IsAuthenticated(txtUsername.Text, txtPassword.Text))
{
FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(txtPassword.Text, false);
MobileFormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(txtUsername.Text,true);
}
</code>

but when i try make test of login in WinWAP 3.1 then i have catch error Redirection has occured on POST method.

in real mobile device i have many times redirection

thanks

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)

<Id>d97SH+Jt9UOvvwZSUbEXZQ==</Id>
5 Answers

Wiktor Zychla

> Hello All
> have one problem
> <code>
> if(IsAuthenticated(txtUsername.Text, txtPassword.Text))
> {
> FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(txtPassword.Text, false);
> MobileFormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(txtUsername.Text,true);
> }
> </code>
>
> but when i try make test of login in WinWAP 3.1 then i have catch error
> Redirection has occured on POST method.
>
> in real mobile device i have many times redirection
>
> thanks

Forms Authentication uses cookies to store user credentials. In a WAP device
you cannot store cookies. I think then that you should think of some other
authentication scheme.

Wiktor Zychla

PTN

On Dec 3, 2:03 pm, George Oliver <georgeolive...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I particularly appreciate the articles about the IF scene around the
> world, and the references in Peter's article sent me to Google
> translator much to my reward. It makes me wish my language skills were
> a little sharper so that I could try my hand at some translations.

Me, too. I use Google Translator all the time...for Chinese language
stuff particularly, for which it is appallingly bad, making the
Spanish to English and French to English translations look near
flawless by comparison.

For others trying it out, note that you can't just paste the URL for
SPAC in Google to translate, as the page is too long, and the article
related to Lovecraft will still be in Spanish. You'll need to find the
article, entitled "Entrevista Ignomiousa", select all the text of the
article, and paste it into the translate text box.

And count me as another fan of Maureen's reviews. I've tried playing
some Spanish language games, but although I can usually kind of follow
the story (and can run text through a translator when confused), the
parser so far resists my attempts to communicate. Maybe all I need is
a command list, and some hints about whether I should conjugate (and
to what) or not.

-- Peter
http://www.illuminatedlante...

PTN

On Dec 4, 11:39 am, Andreas Davour <ante...@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse>
wrote:
> No I really feel like checking out some of those games, and I'd love to
> read all of the Commonplace Book. It's not available on the web, is it?

I think I must have forgotten to include it in the article, but you
can download all the games at http://www.illuminatedlante...games/....

Also, the Spanish-language game, El Museo de las Consciencias,
actually includes a complete copy of the Commonplace Book text as part
of the game package (in English, with Spanish commentary!).

-- Peter
http://www.illuminatedlante...

Maureen Mason

PTN <petern@illuminatedlantern.com> wrote:
> And count me as another fan of Maureen's reviews. I've tried playing
> some Spanish language games, but although I can usually kind of follow
> the story (and can run text through a translator when confused), the
> parser so far resists my attempts to communicate. Maybe all I need is
> a command list, and some hints about whether I should conjugate (and
> to what) or not.

Thanks, Peter! Also, your article about organizing the IF exhibit for
the Lovecraft project was a great read. I loved all the detail about
how it came together, including how you got your international
collaborators involved. It's definitely an encouraging story for anyone
who has the Next Big Idea :-)

About the Spanish-language games: you're right, a command list is
essential, and I found it's good to check the help documents, e.g., the
pdf files that accompany games, if you start to struggle with the
parser. They are usually way more complete than what you get from
typing "ayuda" in a game. Also, you'll be glad to hear you don't have
to worry about conjugating verbs. The Spanish games (French games, too)
just take the infinitive.

Maureen

Urbatain

Ok, here you have a short list of common verbs in spanish games:

AYUDA -- help
LOAD, SAVE, RESTAURAR, GRABAR -- Restore, Save, etc
UNDO - Undo
Z, ESPERAR -- wait
N, S, E, O (for west), so NE, NO, SE, SO - moving around
ENTRAR, SALIR, IR HACIA -- In, Out, Go to...
INVENTARIO, INV, I -- Inventary
EXAMINAR, EX, X something-- Examine something.
MIRAR DEBAJO DE -- Look under something.
X (alone) -- list exits.
COGER/TOMAR, DEJAR - Take and drop.
PONTE/PONERSE/PONERME, QUITARME/QUITARSE -- wear and remove or take
off.
PONER/PON object SOBRE support, METER object EN container, SACAR
object DE container, QUITAR object DE container-- Put, put on a table,
put into a box, remove from, etc.
GOLPEAR pnc CON weapon, MATAR, LUCHAR -- Hit pnc with weapon, kill and
fight.
ENTRA EN, SALTA SOBRE, SUBE A -- Get on the bench, Jump on the couch,
climb table.
BAJA/ BAJA DE -- Get out, get out from...
FIN -- Quit.
SI, NO -- Yes, No.
PREGUNTA A pnc SOBRE topic -- Ask pnc about topic.
DECIR topic A pnc -- Say topic to pnj.
HABLAR CON pnc -- Talk to.

Maybe some difficult in parsing Spanish games comes about inffinitive
and reflexive forms of verbs, for example: PUT is PONER in Spanish,
this verb works for putting things into or onto some container, but in
the reflexive form PONERME (that is PONER A MI, Put on me = wear) or
PONERSE (someone (the puppet) put on something, wears something).
However there's just a few verbs with reflexive form that are useful
for interact with the enviroment, just that PONERME and QUITARME, ane
maybe any verb with the ME (me, I, my self) at the end: EXAMINARME
(examine me), MATARME CON LA PISTOLA (commit suicide)

And, you must use the prepositions EN or DE or DENTRO DE, when
refering to something ON or INTO a container, METE LA PISTOLA EN EL
CAJON, EXAMINA LA PISTOLA DENTRO DEL CAJON. SOBRE is used for
supporters PON LA PISTOLA SOBRE LA MESA, COGE LA PISTOLA SOBRE LA MESA/
COGE LA PISTOLA DE LA MESA. As you can see, you can use this
prepositions either for referring supporters or containers, althought
DENTRO is equal to INTO and SOBRE is equal to ON.

However, with actual standards in parsers, you should not have
problems with guess the verb, maybe just with guess the phrase or the
correct grammar, so if you feel you have some doubts of some kind of
orders, just ask.

See you!

Urbatain.