Sending a picture within a mobile application

JAG

3/9/2005 8:31:00 PM

I am writing an application for mobile users (phones) to update a database.
One of the options I would like to give the user is to send a picture. I
want to do this from within my application.

Essentially, if the user chooses the send picture option, I would like the
application to allow the user to choose which picture on his/her phone to
send. Once the picture is chosen, I would then like to send the picture to
a specific email address with a specific subject line which the application
will provide.

Is this even possible to do, and if so how do I go about it?

Thanks for any help

--
Jeff Gouldy

1 Answer

Chance Hopkins

"JAG" <jj@ncfd10.com> wrote in message
>I am writing an application for mobile users (phones) to update a database.
> One of the options I would like to give the user is to send a picture. I
> want to do this from within my application.
>
> Essentially, if the user chooses the send picture option, I would like the
> application to allow the user to choose which picture on his/her phone to
> send. Once the picture is chosen, I would then like to send the picture
> a specific email address with a specific subject line which the
> application
> will provide.
>
> Is this even possible to do, and if so how do I go about it?

You won''t be able to do it through a mobile web page, pocket IE doesn''t
support the file input control.

I did this same thing recently and had to use a mobile application and a web
service. Mine went straight into the database though, sending an email
should be easier. Search for POOM (Pocket Outlook Object Model).