microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

PrintDialog Page Range Limit

Bill B

9/23/2004 3:05:00 PM

I am using the PrintDialog class to accept a page range for printing. My
application supports unlimited number of pages in a document. When a page
number entered exceeds 32,767 I get an exception that the value must be
greater than 0. While all properties are int's in the .Net classes it
appears the PrintDialog is only allowing a short. Does anyone know how to
get around this issue?
2 Answers

Andrew Hunter

On 2007-11-22 20:56:50 +0000, Al <radical1@evcohs.com> said:

> On Nov 22, 11:38 am, George <not.r...@email.invalid> wrote:
>

>> Don't know about that. I am playing City of Secrets in Zoom 1.1.1 right
>> now and there is plenty of italics. Paragraphs and pieces of italics all
>> throughout it. Go to preferences > fonts > advanced tab in Zoom for
>> examples of the different italics it handles.
>
> Maybe its because "City" is a glulxe game. It does not handle italics
> under the z5 or z8. I ran "Jack Mills" under both Zoom and
> Spatterlight.
> Jack Mills is zcode. Only Spatterlight displayed the italics
> correctly.

This simply isn't true: Zoom supports the complete Z-Machine display
model, which includes italics - the italics show up just fine for Jack
Mills.

You may not have selected a font that has an italic or oblique variant
in the 'Simple' tab of the preferences: in this case Zoom will only use
the variants that the selected font does have. You can manually
configure the 16 possible Z-Machine font styles using the advanced tab.

Andrew.

James Jolley

In article <fi6jt8$t32$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>,
andrew@logicalshift.demon.co.uk says...
> On 2007-11-22 20:56:50 +0000, Al <radical1@evcohs.com> said:
>
> > On Nov 22, 11:38 am, George <not.r...@email.invalid> wrote:
> >

> >> Don't know about that. I am playing City of Secrets in Zoom 1.1.1 right
> >> now and there is plenty of italics. Paragraphs and pieces of italics all
> >> throughout it. Go to preferences > fonts > advanced tab in Zoom for
> >> examples of the different italics it handles.
> >
> > Maybe its because "City" is a glulxe game. It does not handle italics
> > under the z5 or z8. I ran "Jack Mills" under both Zoom and
> > Spatterlight.
> > Jack Mills is zcode. Only Spatterlight displayed the italics
> > correctly.
>
> This simply isn't true: Zoom supports the complete Z-Machine display
> model, which includes italics - the italics show up just fine for Jack
> Mills.
>
> You may not have selected a font that has an italic or oblique variant
> in the 'Simple' tab of the preferences: in this case Zoom will only use
> the variants that the selected font does have. You can manually
> configure the 16 possible Z-Machine font styles using the advanced tab.
>
> Andrew.

HI folks,

As it was me who posed this question and decided on Zoom exclusively, I
can conferm that with VoiceOver's attribute changes enabled, it does see
the italic text.