microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

Re: GDI+ drawing in the top layer

Justin Rogers

9/22/2004 2:27:00 AM

Using an over the top form isn't really a hack. It is an elegant solution that
allows you to quickly
and easily create overlays. If you want a more direct solution you can draw to
the desktop DC.
This will effectively overwrite anything, inside or outside of your form. You'll
have to manage
paint messages with a pre-process filter so that you can re-draw over the top of
any controls
that repaint themselves. If you have scrolling controls, drawing over the top
can cause issues
with ScrollDC.

Advice? Stick with the form overlay.

--