Scroll / Marquee Mobile Control?

Ryan Thompson

12/14/2004 11:00:00 PM

I apologize if this is an entry-level question, but my firm develops
ASP.NET Web Apps and we're exploring a mobile solution (which we've not
done before) for a client.

Question: Will most/all wireless devices (smartphones, pdas) support
any type of marquee? For example,
1. With your wireless, you browse to a site, click a link
2. What loads is a vertical scroll of today's news scrolling from the
bottom of the display to the top.

I've attempted research on this but am not finding any positive or
negative topics. Any help is appreciated.