SMG

5/12/2005 6:14:00 AM

Hi all,
I am using caching on my page. The dataset is retrieved from the cache or
database as per the availability.
While showing the ds on the page I am removing one row. What is happening
is, it is removing each row with every refresh of the page.

Why it is doing so? there is any problem with the code?

Code ==== as follows
objNews = new ShK.BusinessComponents.News();
DataSet ds = objNews.GetNewsHeadingsData();
dlReuterT.DataSource = ds;
dlReuterT.DataBind();
ds.Tables[0].Rows.RemoveAt(0);

Regards,
Shailesh G

3 Answers

Brock Allen

> Why it is doing so? there is any problem with the code?

Why is it doing what? You didn''t articulate the problem.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop....

SMG

Thank Allen,
I am using caching on my page. The dataset is retrieved from the cache or
database as per the availability.
Once I get DataSet in my page from my BusinessComponent(A Different Project
which returns fresh / cached dataset),
I use that DataSet to bind with a DataList in a page, just before I bind it
to DataList I remove a row from DataSet and then bind it to datalist.

Now what is happening is If I remove the row from this DataSet, it is being
removed from Cached DataSet as well, why so?

The DataSet is cached in component and after that DataSet is modified on the
page.
The changes I make to DataSet in Page is reflecting the DataSet in Cached.

Why it is doing so? there is any problem with the code?

Code ==== as follows
objNews = new ShK.BusinessComponents.News();
DataSet ds = objNews.GetNewsHeadingsData();
dlReuterT.DataSource = ds;
dlReuterT.DataBind();
ds.Tables[0].Rows.RemoveAt(0);

Let me know if I am not clear here... .

Thanks And best regards,
Shailesh
Idealake Tech

"Brock Allen" <ballen@NOSPAMdevelop.com> wrote in message
> Why it is doing so? there is any problem with the code?

Why is it doing what? You didn''t articulate the problem.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop....

Brock Allen

Oh, this is the same problem from the other thread. Check my reply there.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop....