Andrew Robinson

5/10/2005 11:20:00 PM

I have an HttpHandler that returns dynamic images based on data and images
in SQL. An expensive task. I would like to save the image in the Cache
object. Seems like a good idea!

The page take 4 or 5 different query string variables as input. What is the
best way to form a key that can be used for caching? Some type of hash
algorithm?

I am fine on the Caching side, I just need a practical method of formulating
a key. Is there a max length to the key? Should I just use my entire query
string?

thanks,

1 Answer

Brock Allen

You can also set the output cache. Check out the Response.Cache object.

For the key, you can just use the entire query string.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop....