RICK

5/10/2005 1:13:00 PM

Is anyone really using the CAB in a production environment? I'm in the
process of designing a caching architecture for a multi-tiered distributed
application (server based with multiple client types) and i've been
investigating different caching implementations. One of the methods i've
looked at is the CAB but I must admit, i'm a bit uneasy regarding it's usage.

I have a server based application in which clients utilize .Net Remoting to
communicate with my server side. I'm basically down to two thoughts right
now regarding caching:

1. Explore the CAB further and see if anyone is really using it in a
production environment

2. Design my own caching mechanism (complete with some of the CAB features
like encryption, etc...) which uses the native HTTP Runtime cache

Any arguments to go either way?

Thanks,

-Rick