SMG

5/7/2005 11:30:00 AM

Hi All,
My web Application is in about to launch, but to take precautions M
asking following questions:

1. My web application is gonna be deployed on the two web servers.
I have written caching code, does that mean caching will happen on both the
servers, can I avoid that as it is not feasible to have same data cached on
both the servers

2. Where do I get to read the information about the settings of IIS for two
web server scenarios and a load balancing software.

Regards,
Shailesh Gajare

1 Answer

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

The Cache object is unique to each servers application scope, by default it
does not cache across servers. If you wanted this - you would need a
synchronisation approach if your using caching across servers in a farm
scenario. Theres a very good write up here by Peter Bromberg a C# MVP
that will help you understand this better..

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20...

This will help you find out a bit about IIS laod balancing

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scaleneth...

--
Regards

John Timney