How to install Smart Device app on mobile device from Windows app

Matt

12/2/2004 11:53:00 AM

Hello,

I have created a Smart Device application using Visual Studio .Net
and consequently created its CAB installation file.

I also have a .Net Windows application whose primary function is to
send data for use by the Smart Device application to the mobile device.

I have also added functionality to this Windows application that lets
the user install the Smart Device application on the mobile device.
The functionality came from the book "Building Solutions with the
Microsoft.NET Compact Framework:
Architecture and Best Practices for Mobile Development. Dan Fox, Jon
Box"

It works by launching the active synch application manager,
CEAPPMGR.EXE and providing as an argument a path to an INI file
containing details of the CAB file to install.

This all works very well, but I wondered if it was the best way of
installing the Smart Device application on the mobile device from my
Window application?

I was wondering if there was some way I could call the Active Synch
APIs from within my Windows application rather than just launching
CEAPPMGR.EXE, over which I have no control.

I apologise that this posting has nothing to do with ASP.Net but this
is the only group I could find dealing with mobile devices.
Thanks in advance.

Matt