microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Application state - data disappears

Vik

5/5/2005 7:29:00 PM

Sometimes all data in Application state disappears during debugging. Is
there expiration time for the Application state? What may be another reason
for losing data?

Thanks.

2 Answers

Brock Allen

The AppDomain that''s hosting your code perodically reloads for various reasons.
One of them is when your web.config files changes. This is a feature and
it''s something you''ll need to design around.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop....

> Sometimes all data in Application state disappears during debugging.
> Is there expiration time for the Application state? What may be
> another reason for losing data?
>
> Thanks.

Vik

Thanks, I''ll take this into account for future development but currently the
web.config file does not change during debugging.
Sometimes when an error happens during debugging I hit the browser''s Back
button and try another operation (that is click another button) on the Web
page. Is it possible that some run time errors clear the Application state
(this problem does not happen with every error)?

Vik