Leo Pedeglorio

11/23/2004 1:07:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm just starting to learn Web App programming. Where can I get an emulator?

Thanks!

2 Answers

JuanDG

There''s plenty!!!!!

The choice depends mostly in the devices you are targeting, or if you want
your site to work on most devices, you''ll have to download a few.

For starters you can use the Pocket IE loaded in the Win CE emulator of VS
2003, it''s very good if your principal target is Pocket PC''s.

A must for every Mobile Web Forms developer it''s the OpenWave Emulator,
available here:
http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/openwave_mobile_sdk/phone_...
(Requires free registration).

Then you have to download Nokia''s Mobile Internet Toolkit (NMIT) to
guarantee compatibility with #1 vendor of mobile terminals in the world.
You can download it here:
http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,034-... (requires free
registration too).

There''s also a very popular online emulator called Gelon
(http://www....), it''s very good, but it requires you to have your
pages on a server.

And last, but certainly not least you can use windows (IE) like emulators
like WinWAP or Klondike, they are very good and give you a lot of tools for
development, but pages look cooler in a phone-like emulator!!!!

WinWAP: http://www.winwap.org/winwap/down...
Klondike: http://www.apachesoftware.com/dow...

OK, those are my favorite, hope you enjoy them, Happy testing!!!!!!

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional

"Leo Pedeglorio" <leo_p@togethersoftware.net> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I''m just starting to learn Web App programming. Where can I get an
> emulator?
>
> Thanks!

Leo Pedeglorio

This is great! Thanks!