Adam Edell via DotNetMonster.com

11/22/2004 11:47:00 AM

Hey guys I am trying to develop a smartphone application. It is supposed to receive some data from a server and then copy to its storage folders. However, I seem to be failing given the obvious reason that I keep on receiving the 10061 message at the server side: "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".

I traced the line to this:
notifySocket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);

But this brought around a 10061 error.

Can anyone advise on what is wrong?

Adam Edell via DotNetMonster.com

Hi, I forgot to mention that the error occurs when I tried to connect to it: notifySocket.Connect(receiver);

where receiver is a IPEndPoint, with the current IP Address of the user and port number stated (8899), I get an exception 10061 at the server side due to the connect statement: "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".

Please advise!!!

JuanDG

Sorry friend, but here we are discussing mobile web development, maybe the
guys at microsoft.public.smartphone.developer can help you out with your
..NET CF App.

Cheers!!

--