=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

I apologize to post in this forum. I hope this is not
wrong. I was actually thinking to put in the performance
group, but somehow some of the other groups are not
working.

I have an application, which has a datalist in it. The
datalist has another datalist as a child. I do the loading
of the childs "On demand". That means if the user presses
the + button, then I ask the database to return me
specific rows, based on the parenet row. In our network
opening the child takes approx 1 second. However my
collegue who is sitting in LA with another network,
connects to our network via a VPN connection. Now when he
expands a child then it takes him 6 secs to retun the
rows. Is there anyway I can test how many bytes are going
over the wire for this specific aspx page? I was thinking
to see if the amount bytes for and for my collegue are the
same, when we both request the same page. The other
question is, how can I make this page overall faster? As
said locally it is fast.

Thanks for any tips.

1 Answer

raoul parekh <raoul_parekh<<REMOVE>

You could save the source of the output in your browser and look at the size
of the saved file.
Take a look into the saved file and look at how large the contents hidden
viewstate field is.
Maybe you could disable viewstate on some of your page controls if it is
really large.

hope this helps,
mortb