Problem with Installing Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit 1.0

DotNetJunkies User

10/13/2004 11:40:00 AM

When i am installing Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit 1.0 on my PC then i get the error message :

"Setup has detected an incompatible version of the Microsoft .NET framework. The Mobile Internet Toolkit cannot be intalled at this time. Please see the Readme.htm file for more details."
I have installed .NET framewok 1.1 on my PC.
Some people says that no need to install after having .NET framewok version 1.1 but its not true.
While i install update exe of mobile toolkit at that time it gives me error message that Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit 1.0 is not installed on your PC.

Please give me solution of this problem ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhagwant Bhat.

---
Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component -

Post Made from http://www.DotNetJunkies.com/... Our newsgroup engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.
1 Answer

JuanDG

Well what "some people" tell you it''s really true, you don''t need Microsoft
Mobile Internet Toolkit if you have .NET Framework v1.1 because it''s
included as ASP.NET Mobile Controls.

if you get an error message installing a Device Update maybe you are not
installing the latest Device Update which is version 4.0 and you can
download it here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=02FA15FE-40D9-4DCE-9BB1-4DD61A5B7CCB&disp...

try it and tell me how things workout!!!!

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional