Re: Set focus on Pocket PC Internet Explorer

JuanDG

9/21/2004 8:23:00 PM

Very few (and also expensive) phones support a very narrow version of
JavaScript, most devices usually don't support JavaScript, that's why you
can't put JavaScript into mobile web forms, because the ASP.NET Team left it
out to guaranteed compatibility with most devices.
Try WMLScript instead, you can find a great tutorial at
http://www.w3schools.com/wmlscript/d...

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional

"BPI" <BPI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to have a mobile form got to a specific text box when opened.
>
> <script language="javascript">
> document.Form1.btnShow.focus();
> </script>
>
> This works fine on a Web form, but not on a mobile form. I have seen
> other
> post addressing this problem, but have been unsucessful in implementing
> them.
> In short, how does one set focus on a mobile device. Also, what is a good
> reference book for java script specifically for mobile devices.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Don Riggs
> Business Process Improvement

1 Answer

BPI

I understand that WMLScript may be the answer and have reviewed the course
and ordered reference books. I still don''t see how one sets the focus on a
specific control. This is a question I have seen asked on many newgroups,
but have yet to see an answer on how specifically it is done.