Newbie: Problem running Mobile web application on PPC emulator

Vinita Sharma

I have made my first mobile web application and it works fine on IE. But
when I try to run it using emulator, nothing works. In my PPC emulator I
typed the URL http://www... but it did not work. Why is this
happening? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you ver much,

Vinita

2 Answers

Andrew Enfield \(MS\)

What error or behavior are you seeing?

At a guess though, if you haven''t configured the Pocket PC emulator to
connect to the Internet, you''ll get a connection error (I don''t have an
emulator running right now, so don''t know the exact error). You can set up a
Smartphone using the instructions here:
http://www.msmobiles.com/catalog/i.ph.... The Pocket PC UI isn''t
exactly the same, but it''s similar.

--
Andrew Enfield
Programmer Writer, Windows CE

"Vinita Sharma" <sharmavi@mail.armstrong.edu> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have made my first mobile web application and it works fine on IE. But
> when I try to run it using emulator, nothing works. In my PPC emulator I
> typed the URL http://www... but it did not work. Why is this
> happening? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you ver much,
>
> Vinita

Rick Spiewak

You usually need to set up the network connection in the emulator the first
time you use it (and after you re-initialize it) just like it was a real
PPC.